Friday, October 22, 2010

Afghan In Progress


Here's my latest (and by far lengthiest) crochet endeavor, a granny square afghan. I found the pattern in the March/April edition of Crochet Today Magazine http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/baby-blues

I was originally going to make just 30 squares, as the pattern suggests but my hubby wanted a bigger blanket so I decided to aim for 70 squares instead. Boy am I regretting that decision!! I will no doubt be pleased with it by the time it's all done but this project is taking me FOREVER. It probably doesn't help that I've taken a detour (or two or three) with other projects I've found interesting. At other times life just gets way too busy or I'm just not in the mood to crochet. I've decided to put my full attention back into it though and hopefully I'll be all done sometime before Christmas! So far I've got about 50 squares so just 20 or so to go. Wish me luck (I'm going to need it)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment