Tuesday, December 11, 2012

X is for X-Mas (Just This Once, Anyway)








Okay so I'm not super fond of taking the "Christ" out of Christmas. I also realize that Christmas starts with the letter "c". However, I'm stuck with the letter "x" right now and it's December. I wanted to do a holiday lesson so I taught Nora that "x" is for Christmas. So sue me ;)

We bought this cool printed tape at Target. It's made by Kid Made Modern. Don't you just love it? I love all of their stuff!  We used it to make lots of x's. Lots and lots and lots of x's. It was fun!!

It was also fun playing "Pretend X-Mas" together. I gave N and C some gift bags, which they filled with little toys. Then we put them under the tree and opened them. Not only did I do this in order to practice for Christmas morning but I also wanted to pass the lesson on that at one point or another, these toys that they own were shiny and new. These things are still special and we shouldn't take them for granted once the new toys arrive on Christmas day. Call me crazy, but I want my kids to appreciate things, whether they got them a day ago or a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment