Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 Before 40

 

Lately, I've been seeing lots of lists like this. It got me thinking of all the things I'd like to accomplish before I turn 40. I really like the idea of listing long-term goals in this way. For starters, it's nice to have everything jotted down in one spot. Plus, I like the simplicity of revisiting the list whenever motivation strikes. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day. A list like this keeps goals in plain sight which will (hopefully) make them more achievable :)

1. Achieve parasympathetic dominance
2. Learn to be present/live in the moment
3. Vacation in Hocking Hills with my hubby :)
4. Learn to knit in the round
5. Take a pottery class
6. Go to lunch/dinner with a friend at least once a month
7. Create and list more patterns, kits and upcycled yarn in my Etsy shop
8. Roast marshmallows with my family over a campfire my hubby built
9. Watch every Modern Family episode created
10. Read the Hunger Games trilogy
11. Knit Christmas stockings for the fam
12. Learn to use a sewing machine
13. Dye my own yarn
14. Adopt a dog
15. Adopt a cat
16. Plant a garden/grow my own food
17. Go on a picnic
18. Visit a museum
19. Go to the orchestra
20. Go see a play
21. Find a church and become a regular
22. Read/Study the Bible
23. Buy a new car
24. Develop photos and update family albums
25. Get new couches
26. Reinstate insurance license
27. Knit myself a sweater
28. Be matron of honor at my sister's wedding
29. Throw a kick ass bridal shower
30. Redecorate apartment/house??
31. Update my wardrobe
32. Get a whiter smile
33. Start a teapot collection
34. Start a savings account
35. Pay off credit card debt
36. Buy a DSLR camera and take a photography class
37. Bake an allergy free cake
38. Learn to paint
39. Practice yoga nearly every day
40. Simplify

No comments:

Post a Comment