Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Fun




Father's Day weekend was tons of fun this year. We started off Saturday with a cookout at my mom's. Pictured here is my sister's boyfriend showing off his fabulous grilling skills!!



 After dinner, we all reclined a bit and then headed out back to play in the yard :)

We had a corn hole tournament that got pretty intense. Pictured here are our fiercest competitors (note that I am not pictured here, ha ha). Here my sister shares her strategy, a kick back leg motion that is all her own!
  
The game was really close, but my Step-dad's team ended up winning it all. Even with an injured arm he played exceptionally well!!




All in all it was a fabulous day!! It was great seeing everyone, including my hubby's parents who ended up joining us too :)


 
Sunday started off as somewhat of a disappointment. We had a cookout scheduled with my Dad that got canceled because of the rain :( Fortunately Little P and her daddy got some extra quality time together, at the ice cream shop, yum!!
  

P and her Daddy shared a cone while watching the toy train go by overhead :)



Then we headed outside to enjoy the weather. Here Daddy and P share a laugh b/c Mommy can't seem to get a good picture of the two of them together. Ha ha, jokes on you guys!! This one ended up being perfect!!



So after all was said and done it ended up being a really great weekend. But w/o celebrating my Dad it just didn't feel the same... Hopefully we can get together soon for a belated Dad's Day Soiree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment