Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Stitch That Eluded Me, Until Now


I'm excited to say that I've mastered a new stitch! Until recently, front and back post double crochets (stitches often used to created ribbing in patterns) confused the heck out of me. I would avoid them whenever possible, skipping over patterns that called for them or substituting front or back post stitches for other stitches entirely. But then a pattern came along that was just way too cute to pass up and way too perfect to alter. There was no denying it. I had to learn this stitch.

Over time, I've seen many diagrams depicting this set of stitches. I've read explanation after explanation. I've tried it out time after time with tangled yarn as my only reward. But then, it clicked! In the middle of the night, I got it. Funny thing is, I wasn't even crocheting at the time. I wasn't even thinking about this pattern at all. But all of a sudden, I just understood. And sure enough, the next time I tried it, it worked!! And here's what I've got to show for it :)

Hopefully, you'll understand my determination once you see the finished product. It's probably the toughest thing I've worked on so far...but it's going to look pretty amazing when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment