Monday, March 5, 2012

Q is for Quilt









It's been a while but we're back to our letter lessons again. Today we learned the letter "Q". Check out Nora's hand drawn "Q's" pictured above. Her penmanship is really improving. I'm impressed!

Today our craft was a hand made quilt. We used some left over fabric squares that have been just lying around. Since I'm not the best at sewing (and since that's a bit advanced for Nora right now anyway) we used fabric glue instead of thread. I was pretty impressed with the results. So far all the squares have stayed together and Isa (the green iguana) seems to be enjoying her brand new blankie.

Of course if you want to learn to make the real deal you will have to ask my great aunt Donna. She is the real quilter in our family tree :) Maybe someday I'll learn to use a sewing machine and make a real one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment