Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shaping Stars


Sylvan Star Washcloth

This week I've been working up some star motifs. It's been really informative and fun. One of the things I love most about crochet is that there is a seemingly endless number of skills to learn and master. This week I ventured into the art of shaping. What's most amazing to me is that you can start out with one shape (like a circle or a square) and end up with something completely different when you're done (like a star). I really love that about motifs.

What I also love is all the great resources for patterns nowadays. I'm always discovering something interesting and new to work up. Above are some washcloths that I just made. I found the pattern over at Lion Brand. I made a few minor alterations. Instead of eight rounds, I crocheted six and I added a boarder of single crochets to finish off the edges. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Below is a star motif that I stitched up from a book. It was a little confusing to follow at first, but I got the hang of it after a couple of tries. What's great about both of these patterns is that they are a nice way to scrap your stash if you've got some left over yarn to use up...and believe me, I've got lots of extra yarn.

Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs

No comments:

Post a Comment