Monday, June 25, 2012

U is for Unearth









U is for Unearth. Today we unearthed dino bones! I snagged this cool 3-D puzzle set at a garage sale and it ended up being just the thing for our letter lesson. I don't know about you, but I never tire of dinosaurs and dino themed activities. Little P really seems to love them too. Still, next week I will likely be moving on. V is for Velociraptor might be overdoing it a bit.

Anyhow, P and I had loads of fun with this. We buried the bones underneath some mud (blocks) and used little shovels (spoons) to dig them out. Then we got to assemble them. I mostly did that myself but P did end up helping me out. I asked her for a leg and she'd hand me one. Same with the arms, tail and face. She got really excited about helping out which is nice b/c she can be difficult to motivate sometimes. It didn't take much effort this time though. Do I spy a budding paleontologist?

No comments:

Post a Comment